Voting

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a family affair, the wedding, and mother's day

My brother-in-law, Gavin got married a week and a half ago (May 9) to Deidre Hulvey. They were married at a place called Grandview on Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN. The place was beautiful. The weather had been rainy off and on all weekend. It was sprinkling shortly before the wedding. However, God gave them the perfect weather. Right before the ceremony was to start, the rain cleared, the sky was blue, and there was a rainbow. The wedding was set up outside on the patio/balcony. It was a wonderful ceremony performed by our preacher at church. Both of the fathers had a part in the wedding and Gavin had both of his brothers in the wedding. Afterwards, there was a bluegrass band and some dancing. It was a very fun wedding and a good family time. Both of my in-laws families came (brothers, sisters, and spouses) and my family came. It was like a smaller family reunion.

Mother's day was that Sunday. It was fun to be with Cameron and Hayden as well as my family and my in-laws. We all ate together at Cracker Barrel after having a family church service at the hotel. Some of my in-law's family members were still there too. They had church with us as well as lunch. My first official mother's day couldn't have been more perfect.




The setting


The bride and groom
Deidre and Gavin



The Smiths
Back-Pat Shipman, Dean Smith, Phillip Smith
Middle-Janie Shipman, Susan Smith
Front- Brooke Smith
(Mother-in-law's bros and sis
and niece)


My parents and sister


In-laws and Hayden



The Stewarts
all 6 brothers and 1 sister
( too many to name )


4 comments:

  1. Yea! Lots of congratulations to Gavin and Deidre! I know you're so excited to have Deidre in the family. :)

    I'm so glad you posted some pictures. I was dying to see some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to have found your blog! I can't believe how big Hayden is! Congrats to Gavin and Deidre! We'll be in town for a wedding Memorial Day so hopefully we'll see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wedding looked beautiful! loved that dress you wore to the wedding...i'm a big fan of green :) can't wait to see ya'll in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day! We're so happy for them! Glad you're a blogger name...can't believe how big Hayden is, and walking! Can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete